Community Payback Supervisors - REF No. HQ6087
Industry Sector: Administrative and Support Services
Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Salary: from £23000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A company that specialises in rehabilitation and offender management providing probation, custody and consultancy, are seeking Community Payback Supervisors to oversee groups of up to 10 offenders that have Unpaid Work Requirements (previous known as Community Service) whilst they are completing work placements within the community. The Community Payback Supervisor will have strong previous experience working as a team and to lead individuals to a good result. DIY experience skills such as, gardening, painting, basic woodworking or decorating is desirable but it is essential that you have a practical mind-set, and have excellent people facing and communication skills. It is essential to have a driving licence and a vehicle. Client is seeking those based in the Thames Valley area.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-uniformed personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Police, Prison Service) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Oversee groups of up to 10 service users that have unpaid work requirements
* Taking attendance of group and reporting back to head office
* Working on various basic DIY projects across the community such as allotments, decorations etc.
* Training/mentoring service users in DIY skills
* Assess Health and Safety on various sites where work is to be carried out
* Being able to keep to tight work schedules while out in the field
* Have a real interest in helping people
* Clean UK driver's licence and own vehicle
* Effectively manage a team and deal with challenging behaviour
* Be level-headed
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to be a positive role model
* Proficient in the use of IT systems
* Experience in offender management
* Have a range of practical DIY skills or have a previous trade experience
* £23,000 - £28,000 p/a
* CPD opportunities
* Career opportunities
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.