House Manager - REF No. HQ6420
Industry Sector: Building Services
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £30000 to £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
Our client is seeking a reliable all-rounder to be a House Manager for their North London estate to oversee the running of the family's properties and grounds; also carry out necessary repairs and provide general maintenance. The House Manager will manage the budget to ensure running costs are economically efficient by negotiating with external suppliers to obtain the best terms. In addition, the House Manager will manage the extensive wine cellar, manage its corresponding records system, and oversee security for the safety and protection of the premises, assets, staff, and visitors. Further responsibilities include maintaining the family's vehicles and provide a chauffeur service when required. Practical maintenance skills are essential as well as flexibility, professionalism, a can-do positive attitude, and a friendly demeanour.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* General up-keep and cost management for the London properties
* Oversee and maintain computer equipment and corresponding software
* Manage security
* Ensure all vehicles remain clean and well maintained
* Minimum A Level qualifications or equivalent
* Attention to detail
* Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of office 365
* Understanding of the technical features of plumbing, carpentry, and electrics
* Clean and current UK Driver's license
* Ability to work during evenings, weekends and public holidays as required
* Energetic and practical
* Have strong problem solving skills
* Have strong project management and negotiation skills
* Elegantly presented and professional, articulate with good interpersonal skills
* First-Aid trained
* Familiarity with facilities management software tools
Mon-Fri 8.30am - 5.30pm, however flexibility is required for out of hours work to work around family needs
Discussed further at a later stage in the process
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.