Engineering Production Estimator - REF No. NL6398
Industry Sector: Engineering - Production
Location: Southfleet, Kent, England
Salary: from £40000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
Our Engineering client has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Engineering Production Estimator.
The successful candidate will focus on gaining new orders and ensuring they progress into production and to the customer efficiently and smoothly. The job role will be fluid to say the least and once in place the Engineering Production Estimator will bring different ideas to help move the business to the next level.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military Officers (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position but other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensuring correct material is specified and obtained to meet customer requirements
* Obtaining material costs and lead times to enable you to produce your quotes accurately
* Quoting prices to customers from enquiries we receive.
* Entering data on to our MRP system for new parts / enquiries including a "rough" but reasonably accurate production procedure and timing to enable quoted costs to be established with a reasonable degree of certainty.
* Discuss with production process planning as to best way of doing jobs and proposed delivery lead times.
* Placing orders for materials required for jobs and ensuring the correct documentation / certification is obtained to meet customer requirements
* Ensuring changes are made post-production to update process sheets to reflect "lessons learned" when job has been completed.
* Looking at job costs planned against actual, looking for common factors that contribute to unplanned additional costs and proposing improvement processes to reduce the negative impacts these have to our bottom line.
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* The ability to read engineering drawings and understand the different machining processes required to manufacture parts.
* Sound knowledge and experience of Precision Engineering with a good understanding of detail being able to talk to suppliers, customers and machine setters to discuss times, processes and specifications.
* Excellent leadership qualities with a passion for team development and collaboration
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Comfort in driving decisions
* Ability to think outside the box and have a growth mind-set
* Excellent analytical, financial and business management skills and ability to leverage data to drive business decisions
* Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and work environment - demonstrates flexibility and openness to changing circumstance
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.