Quality & Systems Manager - REF No. BS6393
Industry Sector: Engineering - Manufacturing
Location: Southampton, Hampshire, England
Salary: from £44000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
Detailed Job Description
BS6393: Quality & Systems Manager
Salary: Competitive plus Private Health Cover and Pension
Location: Southampton, Hampshire
Job Type: Permanent
The world's largest manufacturer of high-technology cables and systems for energy and telecommunications is now looking for a Quality & Systems Manager to join its team. Reporting to the QHSE Director, the Quality & Systems Manager will support him in the definition and implementation of the quality strategy within the organisation across 3 sites.
* Assisting with the review of updates in the requirements of Product Certification Schemes as issued by the relevant bodies, assessing their impact to the company compliance.
* Coordinating the execution of improvement projects in the factories, with the support of the site Quality and Operations teams.
* Helping facilitate continuous improvement and learning across all functional areas through development, training and communication of quality initiatives.
* Assisting the Quality and Operations teams with the resolution of major product non-conformities identified internally or through customer claims.
* Providing the Commercial team with information for customer tenders, as needed.
* Overseeing the Company Integrated Management System (IMS) and monitoring its efficacy via execution of internal IMS audits (on our four sites) to relevant requirements.
* Facilitating and supporting third party audits to the IMS and those related to the Product Certification Schemes where the company participates.
* Providing an interface with external parties and with the Corporate HQ team regarding the company Quality performance.
* Assisting in the assessment and performance monitoring of new and current suppliers, auditing their management systems and confirming quality approvals (including supplier ratings where applicable).
* Running monthly Quality KPI reports to be presented to the Management team, highlighting any trends. This covers customer claims, cost of defective quality and results of audits related to the various Company sites.
* Conducting annual reviews of the effectiveness of the IMS as well as the Company Quality performance, advising Senior Management on trends.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Educated up to degree level or similar in Electrical Engineering, although other relevant Technical/Engineering subjects can be considered.
* Lead Auditor Trained (ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001)
* Membership with a relevant institution (e.g. CQI).
* Experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment or similar, with a strong focus on leading others.
* A strong spirit to drive change, to bring fresh and dynamic thinking to the Quality function is required; hence resilience, team playing skills and ability to work effectively at all levels of the organisation are a must.
* The right candidate will have the ability to influence others to achieve results while living our company values of Drive, Trust and Simplicity.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.