Senior Systems Engineer - Surveillance Systems - REF No. HQ6379
Industry Sector: Engineering - General
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £45000 to £60000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
An international market leader in providing sensor solutions in the defence sector is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join their evolving team in the London area to develop and deliver state of the art technology projects to customers across the UK. The Senior Systems Engineer will focus on the systems engineering lifecycle of surveillance systems which includes bid support, system design and system integration; which you will need to have proven work experience on if you are to be considered for the role. Salary is negotiable depending on exp. and includes an extensive benefits package.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Although most of the work is based in London, the Senior Systems Engineer will have to work away from home when required and this may involve deployments of up to 6 weeks at a time. It would be ideal to have direct radar system experience and/or have an understanding on a range of engineering disciplines.
* Definition and delivery of systems solutions
* Technical support to sales and marketing teams including generating information to support bids, technical presentations to customers, generation of product specifications and attendance at customer meetings
* Provide technical design solutions to support proposed system changes and bids ensuring appropriate compliance with customer, business and legislative requirements including safety
* Take an active involvement in new product design, providing system level input from product definition through to release into production
* Maintain and support legacy/delivered systems including visits to customer sites and installations where necessary
* Monitor and, where possible, introduce up to date technology into client's system designs
* Promote the work of client in the field of Systems Engineering through attendance at conferences and seminars and where appropriate, through the presentation and publication of technical papers
* Technical liaison within and outside of client's customers, suppliers and collaborators on systems related matters
* Support the Security Systems Design Authority in the definition and implementation of Systems Engineering processes and practices across the department
* Any other tasks associated with this role
* Qualified to Degree level in Engineering/Mathematics/Science (or equivalent relevant experience)
* Experience of systems design, integration & testing
* An understanding of systems and product lifecycles from concept through to delivery
* An understanding of a range of engineering disciplines
* Have the ability to communicate to all levels of an organisation
* Computer literate and have a good standard of written English, capable of compiling accurate, detailed and well-presented technical proposals, specifications and reports
* A willingness to travel
* An aptitude for problem solving and an eye for detail
* An understanding of Radar Systems
* Experience of the whole product lifecycle
* Experience of working with and developing systems using communications protocols
* Experience of working on product development for Naval Platforms
* Experience of working on or with Navigation equipment
* Member of a Professional Engineering Institution
Extensive benefits package including some of the following: Pension scheme, Life assurance cover, EAP, cycle scheme, season ticket loan and more
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.