Contracts Manager - REF No. NL6345
Industry Sector: Project Management
Location: Greater London, England
Salary: from £50000 to £60000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
The Contracts Manager's main objective is to maximise profit whilst working to exceed client expectations, as the senior operational manager for the project installation team. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for more than one project with the support of Project Managers and Site Teams.
This senior role will provide a higher level of managerial direction and support to project installation teams to enable them to achieve a successful outcome to their projects in terms of profit, timelines and quality within a safe environment.
In the senior site representative function, the Contracts Manager is ultimately responsible for the resourcing, development and leadership of the team, defining and communicating project objectives and constraints and complying with health, safety and environmental legislation, delivering the end project on time, within budget and to the agreed quality.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military Officers (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position but other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support and inspire project teams
* Provide early identification of key aspects of a project to avert problems
* Promote sharing of 'best practice' across projects
* Adopt 'mentor' role to promote staff development
* Initiate project internal review meetings where required
* Focus on key performance elements such as safety, costs, programme and quality
Monitor Project Progress and Procedures
* Ensure company procedures are being followed
* Chair monthly project reviews
* Know the contract requirements and ensure compliance
* Ensure site Health and Safety Plan is complied with and individual responsibilities are defined.
* Ensure site Quality Plan is completed
* Audit all procedures
Recruit and Develop Staff
* Interview and recruit new staff
* Identify and encourage staff training
* Work with Senior Team to recommend promotion of staff when appropriate
* Follow up issues arising from Customer Care Surveys
* Develop relationships with Clients and Consultants
* Ensure regular Client contact through meetings
Tender and Pre-Contract
* Assist in tender process with buildability, value engineering, cost and programme
* Participate in tender interviews and presentations
* Assist in tender adjudication
* Identify staffing requirements
* Involved in design meetings to ensure that contract requirements are reflected in the design
* Attend key subcontractor interviews
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* Degree in a construction related discipline
* Well-organised, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
* You will be conscientious, hardworking and have a positive outlook
* Senior Contracts Management Experience and Certification.
* Minimum 10 years' experience at senior management.
* Previous Military Service highly desirable.
* Fluent English language both verbal and written, excellent communicator at all levels.
* Numerate, with Strong MS Office.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.