Senior Commissioning Engineer - REF No. NL6344
Industry Sector: Engineering - Installation
Location: Greater London, England
Salary: from £40000 to £55000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
The Senior Commissioning Engineer will work in the installation and commissioning of life-safety smoke ventilation projects, reporting directly to the project management team. They must be able to communicate directly with clients and their representatives to help deliver the projects to a high-quality conclusion.
The role will also involve the monitoring of subcontract labour and the training of internal and external site-based engineers, where applicable.
The successful candidate will be willing to work away from home for short periods of time as the customer base largely covers the South East but can extend across the UK.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military Officers (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, Army, Royal Marines) will be particularly relevant for this position but other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Installation, testing, snagging and commissioning of Smoke Ventilation Systems to ensure delivery to the required quality levels
* Training clients on the operation of the systems installed and obtain client sign off
* Ensure commissioning, training and sign-off records are obtained and filed appropriately.
* Daily communication with Project Manager to ensure timely and accurate recording of job progression, snagging and reporting of any issues.
* Assist in strategy and programming design
* Problem solving on sites
* Take a proactive approach in upholding the company's Health & Safety standards
* Ensure all work is carried out in a safe environment and that any relevant risks are identified and minimised.
* Maintain high standard of appearance and wear safety clothing provided when applicable.
* Provide a detailed hand over to the After Sales team
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* Solid engineering knowledge combined with record keeping, communication and organisational skills.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in the Smoke Ventilation, Controls or HVAC industries
* Ideally degree level education in a practical engineering discipline
* Excellent knowledge of basic engineering and electronics practices
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and an ability to communicate effectively.
* Well-organised, proactive, assertive, well-disciplined and commercially astute
* Conscientious, hardworking and with a positive outlook
* Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* Flexible and able to approach different types of tasks during the working day
* Attention to detail and methodical in record keeping
* Ability to work from schematics, terminating sheets, site plans and project drawings
* Ability to work from instructions from client and Project Managers, but also to think laterally and suggest engineering solutions on site
* CSCS Card
* Full clean driving licence (minor points will be considered)
* Must be physically fit
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.