HGV Mechanic - REF No. HQ6340
Industry Sector: Engineering - Mechanical
Location: Orpington, Greater London, England
Salary: from £40000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
An established waste management company that has served local the community and businesses for 40 years is seeking a HGV Mechanic to join their close-knit mechanical team in Orpington. The HGV Mechanic will be working on predominately Mercedes 12-44 tonne trucks which includes skip lorries, trippers, grabs, roll-on-offs, dustcarts and artics. It is essential for the HGV Mechanic to have completed a time-served apprenticeship in a relevant area. You will need to be flexible for overtime, have a current driving licence and own your own tools.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, REME, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* Inspect vehicles and diagnose faults
* Attend to vehicle and plant breakdowns
* Diagnose and repair hydraulic faults
* Recognise and report vehicle defects or symptoms of impending failure
* Service, adjust and repair vehicles/components
* Complete job records
* Qualification in vehicle maintenance and repair (preferably heavy vehicle) e.g. City & Guilds or NVQ Level 3
* Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical engineering
* Hold a current driving licence
* Previous experience in mechanics (preferably in both heavy vehicle and plant)
* Computer literacy with good numeracy skills
* Ability to work well under pressure
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Ability to work well as part of a team and independently
* Good communication skills both written and verbal
* Must possess own tools
* 1 year experience as a mechanic
* HGV licence
£40,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
* 30 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
* Company pension scheme
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.