Mechanical Engineer - REF No. HQ6334
Industry Sector: Engineering - Mechanical
Location: Surrey, England
Salary: from £28000 to £32000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Bill Tharp
Detailed Job Description
Our client is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer to handle all schedule maintenance, respond to service interruptions and manage equipment and parts stock. Candidates will be joining a team which is responsible for scheduled maintenance, managing stock and supplies of equipment and breakdown response to. A Mechanical Engineer will have to be qualified to an NVQ Level 2 standard. This might be the role for you if you want work in a challenging and fast-paced environment with a company that delivers unmatched service.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Undertaking scheduled maintenance
* Operation and maintenance of H&V plant, including pumps etc.
* Replacing pump seals and being able to align pumps after repairs
* Test and commission pumps, for swimming pool and jacuzzi systems
* Fault finding, diagnosis and carrying out repair or replacement of equipment
* Managing stock and supplies of equipment
* Liaise with managers, supervisors and colleagues to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered to the client at all times
* Provide a highly customer-focused service to the company and client at all times
* Provide cover for colleagues during periods of absence
* Replacing seized pumps and seals
* Any other duties as and when required
Essential Person Specification:
* Fully qualified and experienced mechanical engineer
* NVQ Level 2 Diploma in mechanical, electrical or production engineering
* NVQ Level 2 or above in Plumbing and Heating
* NVQ Level 2 Diploma in H&V
* Experience of building and facilities maintenance
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.