Engineer - REF No. NL6285
Industry Sector: Engineering - General
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £30000 to £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
This is a truly unique opportunity to join an established organization. The Engineer will join a small well-established team to provide the planned and unplanned maintenance support for all assets, equipment and mechanical systems associated with the organization
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will relevant for this position but other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The post holder will work within the engineering team whilst providing technical support to the Engineering Manager and operational support as required, ensuring that work is completed with minimal disruption to the service provided and in a timely/cost effective manner.
Managing the planned and unplanned maintenance works, in particular for:
* Mechanical Operating Systems including Hydraulics
* Diagnosing faults in a timely manner and formulating solutions
* Assistance in the procurement of spares ensuring provisions are in place for all breakdowns
* Reporting of all breakdowns/defects/anomalies to line manager in a timely manner
* Educated to City & Guilds or equivalent in Mechanical Installation and/or Maintenance
* Experience in working with hydraulic systems
* Previous technical and hands on experience in similar role
* To have an understanding of the Health & Safety at Work Act
* Planned maintenance experience
* Ability to work alone as well as in a team and exercise own initiative
* Full UK driving licence
* Desirable Skillset
* Experience with electrical systems
* Ability to drive processes
* Fault diagnosis
The ideal candidate will be a team player and have a proactive and flexible approach in the workplace. The Engineer is required to participate in an out of hours emergency call-out system.
You will receive an excellent package commensurate with your experience and the opportunity for career development within the organization.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.