Forklifts Field Service Engineer - REF No. EB6271
Industry Sector: Engineering - Mechanical
Location: Coventry, West Midlands, England
Salary: from £23000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Bill Tharp
Detailed Job Description
Our client is looking for and experienced Field Service Engineer to join a leading Material Handling Equipment provider. An NVQ Level 3 in Engineering or equivalent is essential. The Field Service Engineer will have experience of maintenance, fault finding and diagnosis on all aspects of electrical, mechanical, engineering, hydraulic and pneumatic systems on all types of lift trucks.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Precede to customers premises as advised, report to the customers contact, locate equipment, diagnose fault, and once the fault has been diagnosed inform service coordinator and the customer of the approximate time of completion.
* Rectify any faults as required by the customer, ensuring that the machine is left operating in a safe condition, and that the work has been carried out to the customer's satisfaction.
* To carry out routine maintenance as directed ensuring that all necessary service parts are available prior to attending customers site, all quoted work to be highlighted by liaison personally with the customer.
* To liaise directly with the customers whilst on site to endeavour to obtain their agreement to proceed with any follow up repairs or other work that may be required following a service or repair, to obtain a valid purchase order number where necessary authorising such a repair.
* To keep non-recoverable and unnecessary travel time to a minimum by
* Liaising and communicating with Service Control Department.
* Proactively participating in planning workload
* Establishing / maintaining and appropriate level of van stock/tooling
* To submit detailed and a correctly completed parts requisition or when making requests by phone provide sufficient information as may be required to enable parts to be obtained accurately and in a timely manner.
* To work mostly without supervision by using own initiative, in a safe manner as laid down by Health & Safety at Work act.
* A minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in engineering
* A strong mechanical knowledge in a heavy plant background i.e., powered access excavators or forklifts
* Must be competent in electro /hydraulic systems
* Experience in fault finding/ diagnostics
* Must be able to communicate professionally as you will be working closely with customers and colleagues
* Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00-4:30 (30 min lunch)
* Overtime available
* Company van with fuel card
* Comprehensive training programme
* Company pension
* Life assurance cover
* Health Cash Plan
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.