Area Manager (Night) - REF No. NL6257
Industry Sector: Facilities Management
Location: Greater London, England
Salary: from £30000 to £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
This is an excellent opportunity to join our prestigious client, who is a leader in their industry sector, with a world-class reputation for delivering quality, to 5-star hotels, high-end hospitality and sports venues, offices and more for their blue-chip client base.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will relevant for this position but other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Be totally aware of the methods of cleaning all areas to include the treatment of different floor surfaces including deep cleaning, general cleaning and mopping etc
* Direct line-manage the site supervisors and site-based teams
* Ensure the Company World Class Quality ethos is alive and thriving in your area of the business
* Carry out site inspections as scheduled and take corrective action quickly. Always followed up by preventive action to ensure that clients feel confident about the service being delivered by your teams.
* Keep up to date with the Housekeepers/ Hotel Managers/ Front/Back of House Managers (etc) on a regular basis (weekly minimum) as required
* Monitor all equipment owned by the company for carrying out the functions of the job is serviceable, used correctly and within Health and Safety guidelines. Any equipment faults are to be reported to Head Office
* Monitor use of all janitorial supplies correctly within COSHH regulations, and that each new employee is given proper training (primarily by the client) to protect the individual, the company and the client from any punitive action
* Monitor all chemicals and equipment owned by the Company for carrying out the functions of the job are used correctly within environmental and Health and Safety guidelines
* Monitor suppliers and service providers are chosen based on their quality and environmental credentials
* Ensure that the daily staff rota plan managed by the Site Manager or Supervisor is complete, accurate and employee holidays are considered in the planning
* Together with the Head of People ensure all sites are fully ISO 9001/14001 compliant
* Ensure the Site Managers, Supervisors and Kitchen Porters work as a team to ensure that services are delivered to clients in a consistent and efficient manner
* Complete all COSHH and Food Handlers certification across the business
* Ensure regular, planned and recorded communication with clients at all levels and be prepared to brief the Operations Support Manager and Director of Operations as required
Essential Qualifications & Experience
* Experience of management within the hospitality industry greatly beneficial, particularly in cleaning
* Flexible, positive attitude, ability to work on own initiative, adaptive to change and determination to succeed.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Previous Military Service highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Health & Safety Regulations and Documentation
* Fluent English language both verbal and written, excellent communicator at all levels.
* Numerate, with Strong MS Office.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.