Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (Rail Grinding) - REF No. EB6250
Industry Sector: Rail Industry
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Salary: from £34400 to £38000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB6250 Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (Rail Grinding)
Salary: £34,400 OTE Available (up to £38,000 on completion of training)
Location: Birmingham (Mobile - UK National)
(280hrs over an eight-week period, 4 weeks locked down = 35hrs per week on
average. Can be 30hrs rostered one week and 50hrs the next, 280hrs spread over the 8 weeks with rest days here and there. Overtime will be paid if operative goes over their rostered hours for the day or come in and work their rest days. Overtime will be at single rate
Benefits: 34 Days Annual Leave (26 Days + 8 Days Bank Holiday which can be rostered)
Company Phone, PPE, PRE and Tools are Provided.
We are looking to recruit Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (s) within the Rail Grinding sector for our client in the West Midlands area. These Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (s) would ideally be mechanically / electrically minded and be able to perform weekend and shift duties. These Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (s) main purpose is to operate or maintain the machine safely and effectively, as instructed by the Grinding or Maintenance Supervisor.
The salary and benefits package for the role of Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (s) is highly competitive and comes with a training package, which allows a salary increase will depend on assessment criteria. The role of Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator is a Mobile position across the UK Nationally and lodgings will be provided. The Ex-Military Trainee Fitter / Operator (s) process is they will have to attend an Interview and then pass a Medical and Eye Test.
Applications from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) only.
Key areas of Responsibility
* Operating or maintaining the machine safely and effectively, as instructed by the Grinding or Maintenance Supervisor.
* Reporting any machine defects to Grinding or Maintenance Supervisor, where appropriate.
* Collating the data output from the machine where applicable.
* To work safely and effectively to Colas Rail Services Operations procedures.
* Assist as required
* Assist in maintaining quality systems, machine safety packs and stabling database by continually monitoring, reviewing and making recommendations for updating as required
* Undertake any other duties if assessed as competent to do so
* Work to applicable Safety Plans and Method Statements.
* Comply with Section 7 of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
Qualification / Experience
* Recognised formal apprenticeship in Mechanical / Electrical engineering
* To have achieved the core competencies of Foundation Course, Machine Setup and Pack away for Operation Grinding Rail grinding maintainer for Operations /Maintenance competence matrix.
* Full UK Driving Licence
* PTS (Provided through Training)
* Fire Training (Provided through Training)
* Emergency First Aid (Provided through Training)
* Depot /Yard Inductions (Provided through Training)
* Basic Laser Safety (Provided through Training)
N.B. - Due to the nature of this job, Operator Driver Maintainers may sometimes have to work on their own where safe to do so.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.