Service Planner - REF No. HQ6224
Industry Sector: Administrative and Support Services
Location: Pinxton, Derbyshire, England
Salary: from £20000 to £22000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Bill Tharp
Detailed Job Description
One of the leading innovators in door and gate systems worldwide is seeking Service Planner to schedule and dispatch service engineers in the most cost and time efficient way. Service Planners must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both on the telephone and face to face. Excellent time management skills, attention to detail and problem solving skills are critical to this role, as well. Previous experience is desirable, but a good attitude will carry a candidate a long way.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* To schedule and dispatch service engineer labour in the most cost and time efficient way
* To liaise with the customer to arrange mutually acceptable time to complete reactive repair and preventative planned Maintenance
* To be responsible for allocation of work to the engineering team, ensuring that engineers' skill sets are a match with the requirements of the job
* To rebook any missed repair and preventative maintenance visits and escalate issues that cannot be resolved through normal channels
* To retrieve all messages, ensuring that they are responded to professionally and in a timely manner
* To investigate open queries and close down jobs
* To hire and off hire all plant equipment ensuring order details and prices are correct and completed hires are received
* Liaise with team to ensure that current and historic data is correctly entered on to the SAP system
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills both on the telephone and face to face with customers, engineers and other departments within the Company
* Must be able to demonstrate excellent time management skills; attention to detail and problem solving are critical to this role
* Must be self-motivated with the ability to encourage and promote a calm working environment
* Computer literacy - knowledge of Microsoft Office package
* 2 years' experience in a similar role
* Knowledge and previous use of SAP
Education and Qualifications
* Must be qualified to GCSE level or equivalent
* 23 days + 8 bank holidays
* Company pension
* Training on company product and processes
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.