Field Service Engineer - REF No. HQ6206
Industry Sector: Engineering - Field Service
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire, England
Salary: from £24500 to £25000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Salary: £24,500 (OTE £30,000)
Job type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: HQ6206
A field service engineer is needed by an innovative solutions provider who enables older people, or those with complex health needs, to live more independently and enhance their quality of life. The field service engineer will join a growing team installing, repairing and carrying out preventative maintenance on a range of Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring/Control, Fire Detection and Call Systems. There is an additional on call allowance and overtime so that an engineer can expect to earn more than the base salary advertised. Ideally you will be based in the Watford or Harrow areas.
* Repair and maintain equipment and systems
* Perform first line repairs and preventative maintenance checks
* Provide technical assistance and training to other team members and customers
* Undertake and assist with installation activities, site visits / commissioning / surveys etc.
* Identify and resolve issues impacting upon customer satisfaction
* Commission new installations prior to hand-over
* Have an in-depth knowledge of all core products
* Achieve and exceed productivity and performance targets and KPIs
* Promote the company as a world class service provider
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - essential:
* A basic understanding of Electrical and Electronic systems/principles
* Problem solving and analytical skills
* Effective communication skills
* Excellent time management and planning skills
* Good IT skills
* Sound knowledge of Health & Safety issues
* Full driving licence
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - desirable:
* Some experience of repairing any of the following: Intruder Alarms, CCTV, Door Entry, Access Control, Environmental Monitoring/Control, Fire Detection, Nurse Call, etc.
* A pass at ONC level, equivalent NVQ Level 2 or 3 or alternative in a technical discipline (Electrical or Electronic Engineering)
* Ability to work at heights or in confined dusty spaces
* Experience of working with KPI's, performance measures, SLA's or similar
* Experience of working with the elderly or vulnerable
* Some knowledge of networks and IP based systems
You should be smart and tidy in appearance with a good health record and a flexible approach to work. In addition, you will be someone who is able to demonstrate a customer first attitude. You will be willing to undertake training as required and will agree to undertake a CRB check.
* Life Insurance
* Scottish Widows Pension
* 25 days leave plus bank holidays (plus ability to buy up to three days extra)
Salary: £24,500 (OTE £30,000)
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.