Facility Operator - REF No. HQ6201
Industry Sector: Environmental
Location: Guildford, Surrey, England
Salary: from £26000 to £27500 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Bill Tharp
Detailed Job Description
A Facility Operator is needed at a new state of the art renewable energy facility based near Guildford to assist the Site Manager in providing a safe and efficient production of bio-energy at the site. The Operator will complete day to day operations to achieve maximum output whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety. Our client is happy to train those that are new to working in the renewable sector however a basic understanding of mechanical engineering is essential.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Ensure that safe working practices and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work
* Complete routine and non-routine operational and maintenance activities as directed and in line with approved processes and procedures
* Sanitise equipment and vehicles
* Control movement of vehicles around the site
* Oversee the procedure of safely unloading operations of delivering lorries
* Monitor distribution
* Complete daily equipment checks
* Investigate plant problems alongside Site Manager, identify solutions and undertake routine and non-routine maintenance
* Operate process plant and equipment in accordance with operational procedures
* Adhere to the Safety, Health and Environment management system at all times
* Liaise and manage deliveries to site
* Have mechanical engineering knowledge or an understanding of engineering principles
* Able to work on own initiative
* Good people facing skills
* Have a can-do attitude
* Excellent teamwork, communication and IT skills required
* Full UK driving licence
* Forklift / telehandler operator and licence (training provided)
* Previous experience in a mechanical and/or process driven environment
Typical working hours but flexibility will be needed
£26,000 - £27,500 p.a.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.