Senior Inspector - REF No. HQ6200
Industry Sector: Engineering - Aircraft
Location: Bedfordshire, England
Salary: from £38000 to £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Steve Ridley
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Senior Inspector
Job type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: HQ6200
A Senior Inspector is needed by a worldwide research and development company. The Senior Inspector completes inspection work using Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Leica Optical Scanners. As Senior Inspector you will be responsible for completing component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances and reporting results. Also, you will brief customers regarding inspection results. This is a unique opportunity for the right person to become part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
* Inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with service requests or supervisory instructions.
* Conduct optical tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting using 3DScanner software.
* Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC), Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
* Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to customers.
* Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
* Lead the technical development of the inspection capability including the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
* Actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement of inspection procedures.
* Maintain an inspection log.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - essential:
* HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification.
* 4-6 years' experience using handheld metrology instruments, precision CMM and Optical Scanning Systems.
* Technical experience with optical tracking and 3D Scanner software and methodology.
* Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software (ideally including 2018 version)
* Able to analyse CAD, manipulate datums and alignments for part inspection.
* Able to produce and analyse inspection results of model assemblies to determine any errors and recommend viable solutions in order to meet customers' requirements.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, in order to plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using templates.
* Used to explaining and delivering inspection results to internal stakeholders (typically Project Managers, MMC staff and Test Engineers) and customers.
* A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project schedules are met or exceeded
* Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working
* Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
* 25 days annual leave.
* Medical and Life Assurance.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.