Quality Engineer - REF No. EB6194
Industry Sector: Engineering - Quality
Salary: circa £33000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Amanda Babington
Detailed Job Description
EB6194: Quality Engineer
Salary: £ 33,000 (Depending of Experience)
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Benefits: Private Pension Scheme, Health Care Insurance, Profit Related Pay scheme,
24 days holiday per year (+Public Holidays)
A leading UK company specialising in heat treatment for the Aerospace, Medical and Motorsport industries has a requirement for a Quality Engineer
The Quality Engineer role would suit an experienced QA professional who would be responsible for improving internal and external quality performance of the processes to maximize customer satisfaction and ensure processes fully conform to required quality standards.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* In conjunction with internal departments, carry out investigations into product non-conformance using appropriate problem solving tools, monitoring effectiveness of corrective actions implemented and maintenance of appropriate records.
* Work with internal and external stakeholders to improve current practices and support continuous improvement
* Ensure that all documentation conforms to industry / customer quality standards & supports customer product needs.
* Act upon internal and external NRFT issues with timely containment and robust sustainable corrective actions through root RCCA investigations with use of problem solving tools.
* Carry out internal QMS audits, ensure that any NCRs raised are satisfactorily responded to and verify the effectiveness of resulting corrective actions.
* Support customer, AS9100 and Nadcap audits.
* Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators including right first time, on time delivery and number of reworks.
* Participate in the development and updating of Process FMEA's
* Leading the completion of internal First Article Inspections
* Work towards quality department yearly objectives and meet personal objectives set by the Quality Manager
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Proven Quality experience operating in EN9100/EN9110 environment. Automotive experience would also be considered.
* Thorough understanding of Quality tools and techniques
* Excellent root cause analysis and corrective action understanding, including use of lean tools such as 8D and PFMEA
* Attention to detail and methodical approach
* Self-starter with a desire for problem solving and process improvement
* Ability to understand and interpret technical drawings and specifications
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.