Plant Operations Maintenance Technician - REF No. BS6193
Industry Sector: Engineering - Maintenance
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, England
Salary: from £30000 to £38000 per Annum
FRS Office: Solent
Consultant: Nick Hawkins
Detailed Job Description
BS6193: Plant Operations Maintenance Technician
Salary: to circa £38,000 plus Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
A premier Control System and MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) supplier with over 20 year' experience in supplying systems to the global Process, Industrial and Environmental Industries is looking for a Plant Opertaions Maintenance Technician ,to join its team. The Plant Opertaions Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the operation of a small utilities plant in the Salisbury area
This role would suit ex-military candidates and applications from ex-service personnel are strongly encouraged.
* The operation of a small utilities plant in the Salisbury area.
* The basic maintenance of a small utilities plant, specifically from identification of leaks and minor faults to managing specialist contractors on any faults requiring specialist attention.
* Day to day running of the plant which is largely automated and operates autonomously in the main.
* Continuous improvement of small utilities plant and basic housekeeping in the plant area.
* Calibrations of certain instrumentation.
* Training will be provided where required.
* The role could be adaptable in terms of working hours and schedules, for the right candidate.
* Would potentially suit ex Forces technicians or particularly marine engineers, possibly semi-retired could suit.
Key Qualifications and Experience
* Mechanical skills at a hands on and hopefully diagnostic level.
* Low voltage electrical skills at a hands on and hopefully diagnostics level.
* Process plant operation expertise and knowledge involving flow, pressure, temperature, and level measurement and control.
* Any knowledge of steam plant an advantage.
* The Ideal candidates would be mechanical or electrical craftspeople with some experience in process plant or utilities (heating, cooling, steam) or a process plant operator.
* The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter, comfortable with working with light supervision. Someone with some initiative, capable of sourcing and securing basic supplies.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted. Please state your salary expectations.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.