Field Service Technician - REF No. HQ6191
Industry Sector: Engineering - Maintenance
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £22000 to £26000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Steve Ridley
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: Field Service Technician
Salary: £22,000-26,000 (Max DoE)
Job type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: HQ6191
A leading engineering company is looking for Service Technicians to join its talented and expanding team. As a Service Technician you will be undertaking pre-planned maintenance, according to clients' maintenance contracts, for a market-leading product range that provides instant and purified boiling, chilled and sparkling water for homes and businesses. Also, you will be working with the sales teams on opportunities, surveys, technical issues and customer visits. The Service Technician also ensures stock levels are accurate and works on fault reporting issues. The role is home-based, and you will be provided with a van, uniform, tools and full training. This is an exciting opportunity to join a long-established, international company offering stability and progression for enthusiastic individuals.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Please note that interviews will be held on 12/13 August 2019.
* Undertake pre-planned maintenance visits according to clients' maintenance contracts.
* Work with the sales team to develop sales opportunities with assistance on surveys, technical issues and customer visits.
* Ensure your service van is stocked with a maintained stock accuracy level of 98%.
* Reporting faults which have the potential to cause problems of an ongoing nature.
* Take a pro-active approach to client liaison and ensure that concerns are dealt with or relayed to management as necessary.
* Respond to ad-hoc tasks & requirements when required.
* Achieve total customer satisfaction by communication of work performed and any charges incurred, quality of work, tidiness and following up on outstanding matters and proposals.
* Comply with Health and Safety regulations and polices.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - essential:
* Ability to communicate face to face with customers.
* Good problem-solving skills.
* Willing to travel within region and occasional overnight stays.
* Ability to work on own with minimal supervision.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
* High attention to detail.
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills and receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
* Can-do attitude to overcoming problems as soon as they arise.
* A plumbing / electrical background or appropriate service industry is helpful but not essential as full training will be given.
* Performance related bonus.
* 25 days annual leave.
* Contributory pension.
* Life assurance.
£22,000 - 26,000 (Max DoE)
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.