Resident Caretaker - REF No. HQ6190
Industry Sector: Facilities Management
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £14500 to £17000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A Residential Caretaker is required to look after and manage a block of high-end flats in the West London area. It is essential you have great people-facing, time management, communication and organisational skills. The Caretaker will undertake minor maintenance tasks and basic gardening duties while maintaining relationships and aiding residents that live in the area. The successful candidate(s) will live in a 1 bedroom flat with expenses/utilities paid on the premises + additional benefits.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Ensure the communal areas are clean and maintain the cleanliness of all areas of the building
* Deal with contractors and monitor on-site presence
* Ensure security of the buildings
* Comply with Health & Safety and fire regulations
* Ensure that the lights in the entrance halls, lifts, staircases, outside areas and other common parts are in working order and turned on and off at the appropriate times
* Replace defective lamps immediately, for which purpose there is held a small working stock on the premises. A record of the date that the bulbs are replaced is kept.
* Inspect all common areas and associated services daily and record all damages and defects in the daily log book and report these to the Managing Agent
* Undertake minor maintenance tasks (i.e. painting, changing locks etc.)
* Undertake some basic gardening duties (weeding, lawn mowing and tidying)
* Maintain a log of building maintenance work and attendance of contractors
* Deal with any matters as directed by the Managing Agents/Board
* Report any defect or health and safety concerns to the Board
* To be flexible and undertake duties as required by the Managing Agent and Board of Directors
* Good management and communication skills
* Able to undertake minor repairs
* Good time management skills
* Basic IT/Computing skills
* Willingness to take part in future training
* Interest in DIY/maintenance
* Ability to work under pressure
* Be able to provide a high level of service
* Full driving licence
* Ability to oversee contractors and site projects
* Negotiation skills
* Have previous experience if in a live-in role.
Typical working week Mon-Fri (8.30am - 5.30pm)
£14,500 p.a. + benefits
Unfurnished accommodation provided + bills paid
Laptop + internet provided
Mobile and telephone included
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.