Plant, Process & Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - REF No. EB6189
Industry Sector: Engineering - Manufacturing
Salary: from £20000 to £25000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Amanda Babington
Detailed Job Description
EB6189 Plant, Process & Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £20,000 to £25,000 DOE
Location: Redditch, West Midlands
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
An opportunity has arisen with our Client who is looking to recruit a Plant, Process & Mechanical Maintenance Engineer for a successful company that has provided innovative, precision engineering products to markets throughout the world for over 100 years.
The Plant, Process & Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will receive a salary between £20,000 and £25,000 depending on experience and is happy to work 40 hours a week. The opportunity of Plant, Process & Mechanical Maintenance Engineer comes with Full Support, Company Pension and 25 Days Holiday.
This Client is seeking a candidate with drive, enthusiasm and the correct attitude in order, in the first instance, to become fully trained and conversant with all 10 department and Group 20 department process machinery. This will eventually lead to the successful candidate taking 'ownership' of the day to day engineering issues in the departments, the preventative maintenance schedules in the departments, coupled with process and efficiency improvements.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Planning/developing and undertaking scheduled machine maintenance.
* Creating/developing maintenance procedures.
* Responding to breakdowns and engineering issues.
* Mechanical fault diagnosis.
* Equipment repair/improvements.
* Liaising with, assisting, and supervising contractors.
* Design & manufacture of, or sourcing and purchasing of specialist components and equipment.
* Creating and maintaining machinery component drawings.
* Creating Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.).
Experience / Qualifications:
The organisation operates a safe, clean facility and counts product quality, employee safety, and security amongst our top priorities. Therefore, in a candidate, we are looking for a professional whose values reflect our own with the following desirable attributes and skills:
* Totally team oriented.
* Extremely strong mechanical reasoning and understanding.
* Able to interpret drawings/schematics.
* Metal machining experience (Lathes, Millers, Grinders, EDM etc).
* CAD experience. (Pref. Solidworks)
* Must be able to work safely, efficiently, and effectively in a production environment.
* Good oral, aural, and written communication skills.
* Proven time management skills.
* Project management experience.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.