NOC Team Leader - REF No. NL6188
Industry Sector: Information Technology
Location: Epsom, Surrey, England
Salary: from £30000 to £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
As the Network Operations Centre (NOC) Team Leader, you'll provide a service to clients ensuring that their IT, OT, infrastructure and systems remain operational; this involves you proactively identifying, investigating, technical incidents/problems and restoring service to clients by managing incidents through to resolution.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Marines) will relevant for this position but other qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
2nd Line Support
* Ensuring operational and service excellence is delivered and maintained
* Identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving network, application and performance issues on site and remotely
* Acting as an escalation point for 1st Line engineers
* Providing operational assistance to all areas of Network Operations
* Following ITIL processes and procedures
* Contributing to policies, processes and procedures
* Participating in the on-call rota
* Resolution of incidents and requests
* Investigating assigned 2nd Line calls to identify the root cause of incidents and problems
* Taking ownership for managing incidents through to resolution within SLAs and coordinating support from vendors where necessary
Monitoring Managed Services
* Monitoring network performance, highlighting any deficiencies through the appropriate channels via network health checks, and identification of activities that present risk to live networks
* Ensuring Managed Service clients are fully protected through the services that we provide. I.E Anti-virus, Backups and Patching
* Preparing automated service delivery reports for internal and external consumption.
* Organised with the ability to juggle multiple incidents and requests at one time
* The ability to proactively manage and administer the cloud hosted and client on premise solutions
* Previous exposure of monitoring solutions and how to diagnose the data they produce, for e.g. SolarWinds, N-Central or PRTG
* Able to assess faults, prioritise, respond and escalate accordingly
* Previous knowledge or interaction with Anti-Virus, backup and patching solutions in a managed environment
* Previous use of Firewall/Router platforms, such as Fortinet, SonicWALL, Virtual Access, LANCOM
* A good working knowledge of virtualization core technologies such as Vmware and HyperV
* Proficient in Microsoft systems including MS Exchange and Active Directory
* Capable of understanding Network concepts such as IP sub-netting, routing, WAN and LAN
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.