Chef Manager - REF No. HQ6146
Industry Sector: Catering
Location: Robertsbridge, East Sussex, England
Salary: from £27000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
Multiple Chef Managers are needed for a successful, ambitious, and ever-growing fresh food catering company in multiple locations across South East England. You will be working with a team of staff and have full responsibility for the financial and operational performance of the catering service. You will have strong culinary skills and have a strong communication and people facing skills. You will be required to prove your right to work in the UK and to provide two referees at interview stage. This is a very hands-on position as you will be required to cook and train the team.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Ensure the highest standards of food and beverage preparations, cooking and presentation at all times and in accordance with Accent and Client expectations
* Fully utilise fresh foods and 'cook from scratch' wherever possible
* Support and develop the skills of the team to maintain standards and continually develop the catering service
* Development of current and future food offers
* Continually monitor all food and hygiene standards, ensuring they are maintained at the highest level
* At all times, via your leadership, ensure the team have a friendly, professional attitude and appearance and are committed to providing a high standard of customer service
* Manage clients proactively and professionally, ensuring service is delivered in line with the client's business objectives
* Understand client/school ethos and rules, and adhere to it
* Endeavour to establish a dynamic and positive culture for co-operative business relationships and improvements to service
* Provide leadership and clear direction on all aspects of your business area, operational and people, ensuring your team deliver on business objectives
* You must ensure that you and your team work to recognised and expected standards, ensuring the offer is meeting the customer's needs through full and correct use of company tools
* Recruit the best possible staff in terms of ability, skills, personality and potential, abiding by the Company's safeguarding recruitment guidelines at all times
* Induct all new staff according to Company policy and procedure
* Ensure all the areas of the unit for which you are responsible are maintained at the highest levels of hygiene, tidiness and general appearance, including equipment and all facilities.
* Manage and ensure the safe and hygienic production of all food in the unit from preparation to delivery.
* Ensure safe working practices are carried out and legal and company requirements are met
* Report accidents promptly and accurately, and record them on Inviso
* Conduct an internal health and safety audit monthly and complete any action plan required as a result
* Conduct a monthly team meeting with all staff to discuss any food safety and health and safety issues
* Ensure all bookwork is completed accurately to Company standards and in a timely manner
* Ensure an accurate stock check is taken weekly
* Monitor sales and costs jointly with the Operations Manager to keep within agreed budget levels
* Carry out relief duties at other Client sites as and when necessary
* Carry out any other reasonable requests by your line manager or other representative of the client
* Travel and overnight stay may be required to undertake training, bi-annual managers meeting's and other business requirements
* Have strong leadership skills as you will be required to lead and motivate an experienced team
* Be an absolute foodie with a strong chef background, this is a very hands on role you will be required to cook and train the team
* Exceptional standards in all aspects of food service, attention to detail is vital
* Proven ability to manage a team, full responsibility for all staff recruitment/management/performance etc.
* Proven track record in a high volume, quality catering establishment
* Good communication and IT skills
* Innovative person with a positive out going disposition and a can do approach
* Financially astute and able to manage a budget and produce financial reports
* Proven track record of continually improving standards and achieving targets
* Good communication skills and be able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the English language
40 hours a week, term time only
£27,000 - £30,000 + performance related bonus
Please note that an enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role and appropriate evidence necessary to support the application.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in the position.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.