CNC Team Leader - REF No. HQ6127
Industry Sector: Aviation
Location: Bedfordshire, England
Salary: from £34000 to £38000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
Job Title: CNC Team Leader
Salary: £34,000-£38,000 (DoE)
Job type: Permanent
Vacancy Reference: HQ6127
A worldwide research and development company is looking for a CNC Team Leader to work on pioneering projects from concept to launch and in-life support. The team you will lead are responsible for producing CNC Programmes for aircraft model components which are then assembled into scale models to be tested in a wind tunnel. Your team are responsible for using Delcam Powermill and Powershape programmes but if you have used Heidenhain or Fanuc, for example, then this may a role for you. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of leading professionals in a secure environment at a world-class facility.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* Lead the CNC team including daily briefings, work scheduling, training and skills development, recruitment and appraisals to ensure delivery of components.
* Management of project budgets, timescales and component quality.
* Liaise with Project Managers, Production and Design teams to achieve delivery dates.
* Monitor the serviceability of machines, equipment and tooling.
* Bid support including CNC Machining estimates for budgetary proposals.
* Key contributor to design and manufacture reviews.
* Continuous service improvement for the CNC Team.
* Adhere to all Health and Safety directives and Quality processes.
Knowledge, skills and qualifications - essential:
* At least 3 years' team leadership experience.
* An understanding of EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring and grinding.
* Competent in producing 3, 4 and 5-axis milling programmes using Delcam Powermill and Powershape to optimise the machine tool's capabilities and minimise material waste.
* Imaginative and creative with good problem-solving skills.
* Competent in making critical decisions promptly.
* Readily adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances.
* Have a collaborative approach to problem solving with ability to influence.
* Confident, self-motivated and approachable.
* 26 days annual leave.
* Medical and Life Assurance.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.