Probation Officers - REF No. HQ6109
Industry Sector: Administrative and Support Services
Location: Reading, Berkshire, England
Salary: from £29000 to £36000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A company that specialises in rehabilitation and offender management providing probation, custody and consultancy, are seeking Probation Officers to be responsible for working with their Service Users and help them on their journey to leading a crime free lifestyle. The Probation Officer will build a positive relationship with their Service Users and produce a sentence plan to manage and reduce the risk of re-offending and ensure their needs are met.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Responsible for the assessment of service user risk to the public
* Produce and Implement a sentence plan that works to reduce re-offending, protect the public and meets the needs of the service user
* Ensure Service Users records are kept up to date
* To work with Senior Probation Officers to manage service users where risk concerns are escalating
* Undertake interviews, home visits and days out with Service Users in order to sustain service user engagement and encourage their motivation to change
* Ensure effective communication channels between all internal and external partnerships
* Motivate, support and encourage Service users to successfully complete their sentence plan and ensure the consequences are known and carried out
* Support other colleagues in the business when needed and to work as part of a team
* To practice in line with organisational quality standards and work towards achieving key performance objectives
* Probation Vocational Qualification (Level 5)
* Honours degree in a relevant subject
* Professional Qualification in Probation (PQiP)
* Social work experience
* Experience in offender management
* £29,000 to £36,000 DOE
* CPD opportunities
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.