Electrical Engineer - REF No. NL6059
Industry Sector: Engineering - Electrical
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: circa £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
This is a truly unique opportunity to join an established company. The Electrical Engineer will join a small well-established team to provide the planned and unplanned maintenance support for all electrical / mechanical equipment associated with the organization.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army) may be particularly relevant for this position.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
The post holder will work within the engineering team whilst providing technical support to the Engineering Manager and operational support as required, ensuring that work is completed with minimal disruption to the service provided and in a timely/cost effective manner.
Managing the planned and unplanned maintenance works, in particular for:
* Polyphase Circuits
* Electrical Motors
* Starter Controls
* Batteries and Chargers
* Portable tools
* Building Lighting and Heating Circuits
* Three Phase Electrical Systems
* Mechanical Operating Systems including Hydraulics
* Diagnosing faults using test equipment and reporting defects accordingly - relay, solenoid, PLC, switching circuits and distribution boards and panels
* Assistance in the procurement of spares ensuring provisions are in place for all breakdowns
* Reporting of all breakdowns/defects/anomalies to line manager in a timely manner
* Educated to City & Guilds level 3 or equivalent in Electrical Installation
* Previous technical and hands on experience in similar role
* An understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations, including Health & Safety
* Planned maintenance experience
* Ability to work alone as well as in a team and exercise own initiative
* Full UK driver licence
* Experience with PLC systems
* Experience working on mechanical equipment/systems
* Ability to drive processes
* PAT testing
The Engineer is required to participate in an out of hours emergency call-out system.
An excellent package is offered commensurate with experience and the opportunity for career development for someone who wants to be in the organization for many years.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.