PCV Drivers - REF No. HQ6055
Industry Sector: Driving and Transport
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk, England
Salary: from £8.21 to £10.35 per Hour
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
PCV Drivers are required to provide safe and swift journeys to customers based in the Sudbury area. Our client is a UK leading public transport provider and they are willing to train those with a UK driving licence to start a career as a Bus Driver on a full-time permanent basis. However please do not hesitate to apply if you already have relevant licences/experience as such higher pay is available. As there is an emphasis on high levels of customer service, candidates with previous experience of customer facing roles is ideal.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
You must be motivated and committed to passing your theory and applied test. In return we will provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to be able to achieve this. On completion of your theory we will then bring you into our driving school to give you the practical experience and confidence for your final test.
Once you have completed your test you will be paired with a mentor who will assist you in settling into the Driver role.
* Greeting customers warmly and ensuring they have a safe and pleasant journey.
* Ensuring your vehicle is driven safely, including completing vehicle safety checks.
* Making sure customers have the most suitable ticket to meet their needs, collecting fares and giving timetable information.
* Full UK driving licence (no more than 3 points) and minimum 1 year driving experience
* Need to be available to work full time shifts; may include early starts, late evenings, weekends and bank holidays
* Have excellent customer service skills
* Be able to stay calm in stressful situations and make on the spot decisions.
* Have a PCV licence
* Have previous experience with HGV or PCV driving
Receive £8.21 whilst in training. On achieving the licence, pay will increase to £9.35 an hour for the first year as a newly qualified bus driver; with guaranteed minimum £1/hour pay rise after 1 year of service.
For those who already hold a PCV driving licence, £10.35/hour is immediately available.
* Initial and ongoing training
* Free travel for you and your family
* Company pension
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.