Operations Manager - REF No. EB6051
Industry Sector: Engineering - Field Service
Salary: circa £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB6051 Operations Manager
Salary: £40,000 DOE
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Benefits: Company Car Commensurate with role, 5% Pension Contribution,
25 days' holiday
This Operations Manager will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for helping to achieve the company's operational commitments, customer satisfaction and profits. The role of Operations Manager will carry direct managerial responsibilities for the operations team, so Management Experience is essential for this position.
The role of Operation Manager comes with a very competitive salary of £40,000, also a Company Car, Pension and 25 days Holiday.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged to apply.
(British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines)
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Ensure that the day to day performance of the operations department is cost effective, customer focused with the aim to strengthen client relationships and ensure the successful continuance of business operations.
* Communicate with all the relevant people/departments and co-ordinating all relevant inputs (people and processes) to ensure KPIs are achieved.
* Planning, scheduling and reviewing daily workload to ensure maximum efficiencies
* Ensuring that the operations team has the necessary manpower, competence, skill and knowledge required to achieve departmental KPI's.
As part of the senior management team you will also be jointly responsible for contributing towards the achievement of the company's strategic and operational targets and overall business aims.
Experience / Qualifications:
* Ideally educated to HNC/HND/Degree level and/or have the relevant experience in an operational environment at senior level.
* Possess a broad background in engineering with a wide range of knowledge of contract delivery.
* Possess experience of sub contract environment.
* Have a working understanding of operational planning & scheduling.
* Have a working understanding of health and safety best practice and legislation.
* Possess strong problem solving skills.
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Have the ability to meet and talk with customers
* Possess the ability to build a high performance team who can operate efficiently, effectively, productively and cost effectively.
* Be personally energetic, positive and enthusiastic and possess the ability to think laterally and act through reasoned decision making.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.