Engineering Technician - REF No. EB6050
Industry Sector: Engineering - Production
Salary: circa £44000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB6050 Engineering Technician
Salary: £44,000 DOE
Location: Crick, Northamptonshire
Shifts: 4 on 4 off days & nights (6am - 6pm & 6pm - 6am)
Benefits: Pension, Night Shift Allowance, Attendance Bonus, DIS, Holidays etc
This Engineering Technician will use mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain and enhance the performance of plant and equipment. The Engineering Technician shall provide first class, flexible support to production requirements and factory services always by means of application of electrical/mechanical skills in fault-finding/diagnostics, planned preventative maintenance practices and electrical/mechanical installation.
Benefits to you as an Engineering Technician
* Circa £44,000 PA
* £1060 attendance bonus per year
* £700-night shift allowance
* Paid over time
* 19 Shifts holiday plus bank holidays.
* Excellent staff benefits
The position of Engineering Technician is based in Crick which is easily commutable from Rugby. As the Engineering Technician you are responsible for achieving all K.P.I's within your areas of responsibility. You are expected to promote a culture of continuous improvement to improve processes and practices result in a quality product being manufactured safely at the lowest cost.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Comply with SHE and all statutory Safety, Health and Environment requirements.
* Ensure accurate & timely records are entered / recorded of all work carried out, root causes of failures and of spares / consumables used.
* Ensure engineering downtime is accurately logged, monitor repair times, and find new methods / procedures to reduce these.
* Ensure operating and maintenance manuals, diagnostic instructions and special tools are readily available to all engineering staff.
* Provide engineering support to production to ensure efficient performance of all equipment.
* To apply systematic diagnostics in electrical/mechanical engineering to minimise the impact of plant failures/breakdowns.
* Responsible for entire site during shift
* Contract labour
* All machinery & equipment on site
* All areas of the site
* Ensure compliance with all C.C.P's
* Liaise with production managers to be aware of all concessions relating to engineering issues and ensure appropriate action plans are in place
Experience / Qualifications:
* Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
* Recognised electrical and mechanical qualifications
* Competent electrical / electronic fault finding and analysis skills
* Self-managing - Must be able to work under own supervision or as part of a team
* Flexible working attitude, as you will be required to work such other hours as the company may deem necessary.
* Sound communication / training skills
* 3 years' minimum of maintenance experience - FMCG Industry
* Understanding of PLC & computer controlled equipment
* Experience of working with PLC's (Siemens S7, S5 and Alan Bradley)
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.