Multi-Skilled Engineer - REF No. EB6038
Industry Sector: Engineering - Maintenance
Salary: from £31000 to £33759 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB6038 Multi-Skilled Engineer (s)
Salary: £31,000 - £33,759
Location: Malton, North Yorkshire
Shifts: 4 on 4 off days (06:00 - 18:00)
Benefits: Pension, Share Scheme, 23 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
This Multi-Skilled Engineer will use mechanical and electrical engineering skills / knowledge to maintain the plant and equipment to meet the site operational needs whilst keeping the plant and equipment in safe working order. The Multi-Skilled Engineer must hold knowledge and experience, working with 3 phase, inverters and PLCs.
The position of Multi-Skilled Engineer is based in Malton, in North Yorkshire. As the Multi-Skilled Engineer, you will report directly to the Engineering Shift Manager and working closely with key discipline colleagues including Production, Technical, Hygiene, Training, Environment and Health and Safety. The Multi-Skilled Engineer will be expected to train for the following certificates:
* Level 2 Food Hygiene
* Level 3 CEIH Health & Safety
Applications from Ex-Military personnel are strongly encouraged
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines)
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Reactive and proactive maintenance of site machinery, equipment and systems.
* Daily completion of issued paperwork and online systems.
* Ensure work orders are completed within the required time scale.
* Carrying out PPM work in accordance to the schedule.
* Maintaining high standards of Good Manufacturing Practice. Ensuring the Engineering Workshop and areas of work are maintained to a high level of housekeeping.
* Working within all Technical, Health and Safety and Hygiene procedures at all times.
* Wearing the correct PPE relevant to each specific task.
* Effective and efficient use of resources, including spare parts, consumables and equipment. Sourcing part numbers and communicating parts / materials required in a time efficient manner to the relevant person.
* Assisting site contractors where necessary.
* Assisting in Accident Investigations where technical knowledge of equipment and or processes is required.
* Utilisation of the Shire PPM system with regard to entering data.
* Maintaining good inter-departmental relationships.
* Attending training and development courses in order to competently work with all equipment, machines and systems on site.
* Site Fire Marshal Duties
* Any other reasonable request as instructed by the line manager.
Experience / Qualifications:
* Educated to GCSE "0" Level standard or equivalent within an engineering discipline
* Fully Qualified, and time served engineer with nationally recognised certification
* Excellent motivational, interpersonal and organisational skills
* Ability to communicate at all levels of business
* Experience of working with Shire PPM systems is desired
* Experience in all aspects of control of contractors on site
* Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads.
* Computer Literacy: proficient in Microsoft and PPM Applications
* Clean driving licence
* Able to work flexible hours
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.