Field Service Engineers - REF No. HQ6035
Industry Sector: Engineering - Field Service
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £30000 to £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Bill Tharp
Detailed Job Description
One of the leading innovators in door and gate systems worldwide is seeking multiple Field Service Engineers to provide service, maintenance, upgrade and repair on all types of automatic and industrial doors, gates and barriers in London and its surrounding areas. The Field Service Engineer will ideally have previous experience in the door and gate sector but those with an electrical background please do apply. As this role is a mix of electrical and mechanical skills training will be provided on their products. You must have a UK driving licence and be happy to work in any weather conditions and be willing to travel frequently with occasional time away from home.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Carry out all customer work associated with the repair and servicing of door systems
* Complete all allocated work within the most cost-efficient timescales
* Carry out a dynamic risk assessment for every site visit to minimise all potential risks to self and others
* Diagnose and quantify repairs or upgrades and price accordingly. Maximise all revenue opportunities.
* Participate in the out of hours call out and standby rotas
* Complete all relevant paperwork clearly and concisely, ensuring all timesheets and other paperwork are submitted on time.
* Adhere to company quality standards at all times. To meet customer expectations on service delivery and professional standards.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Be responsible for personal development. To attend training courses as required
* Ensure ways of working promote a clean and safe working environment at all times.
* Be responsible for the upkeep of company vehicle and equipment. Personal appearance is well presented.
* Minimum NVQ level 3 in electrical engineering or equivalent
* Good organisational & communication skills
* Ability to work individual and as part of a team
* Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
* Be physically fit and content in working outdoors in all weather conditions
* Willing to travel frequently away from home
* Must be able to pass DBS check
* UK Driving Licence
* Experience in maintenance of Industrial/Automated doors, ideally 3 years' experience
* NVQ qualifications in door systems engineering and BS7036
* Welding experience or similar
* Blue card for working on water authority premises
* CSCS card
* IPAF, PASMA
Circa £30,000 basic (realistic earning potential of £40,000 OTE)
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.