Ex-Military Trainee Technical Support Engineer - REF No. EB6008
Industry Sector: Rail Industry
Salary: circa £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB6008 Ex-Military Trainee Technical Support Engineer
Salary: £45,000 DOE
Location: Birmingham (Mobile - UK National)
(280hrs over an eight-week period, 4 weeks locked down = 35hrs per week on
average. Can be 30hrs rostered one week and 50hrs the next, 280hrs spread over the 8 weeks with rest days here and there. Overtime will be paid if operative goes over their rostered hours for the day or come in and work their rest days. Overtime will be at single rate
Benefits: 34 Days Annual Leave (26 Days + 8 Days Bank Holiday which can be rostered)
Company Phone, PPE, PRE and Tools are Provided.
We are looking to recruit a Technical Support Engineer within the Rail Grinding sector for our client . This Technical Support Engineer would ideally be mechanically / electrically minded and be able to perform weekend and shift duties. The Technical Support Engineer main purpose is to provide effective specialist and technical support to the Railgrinding machines in both remedial and reactive scenarios, supporting the requirements of both the customer and company that RailGrinding operations are achieved in a manner which is both safe and effective
The salary and benefits package for the role of Technical Support Engineer is highly competitive and comes with a training package, which allows a salary increase will depend on assessment criteria. The role of Technical Support Engineer is a Mobile postion across the UK Nationally and lodgings will be provided. The Technical Support Engineer process is they will have to attend an Interview and then pass a Medical and Eye Test.
Applications from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) only.
Key areas of Responsibility
* Undertake specialist repair work to unique systems
* Install mechanical/electrical/electronic upgrades to Railgrinding machines
* Develop audit and testing process to ensure machines are performing to required levels
* Undertake remedial work with specialist systems
* Ensure that all technical support is carried out to required standards
* Provide information and feedback as required to affected parties
* Liaise effectively with Railgrinding Operations Manager, Delivery Manager and Maintenance Manager regarding the impact of changes or proposed changes to specialist systems
* Provide training support where necessary
* Assist in maintaining quality systems, machine safety packs and stabling database by continually monitoring, reviewing and making recommendations for updating as required
Qualification / Experience
* Recognised formal apprenticeship in Mechanical / Electrical engineering
* Experience of working with RailGrinding machines (Desirable)
* A broad knowledge of railway geography and operating practices (Desirable)
* Knowledge of railhead profile management issues and RailGrinding techniques (Desirable)
* Specialist and in depth knowledge of technical aspects of Railgrinding machines (Desirable)
* PTS (Provived through Training)
* Emergency First Aid (Provived through Training)
* Designated Person (Provived through Training)
* EDU/Yard Induction (Provived through Training)
* Relevant aspects of Railgrinding Assessment programme (Provived through Training)
* Basic Laser Safety course (Provived through Training)
N.B. - Due to the nature of this job, Operator Driver Maintainers may sometimes have to work on their own where safe to do so.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.