Service Engineer - REF No. EB5997
Industry Sector: Engineering - Field Service
Location: West Bromwich
Salary: from £30000 to £40000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB5997 Service Engineer
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 DOE
Location: West Bromwich, West Midlands
Benefits: Company Car, Fuel Card, Pension, PPE, 33 Days Holidays incl Public Holidays
This Service Engineer will be required to work on Gas Fired Furnaces as well as Atmosphere Controlled Furnaces. The Service Engineer will also assist with the servicing / fault finding / site projects / installation / commissioning of equipment as required by company management.
This Service Engineer shall report to the Service Manager and shall be required to visit clients when needed. The Service Engineer must ideally hold TPCP!, ICPM1 and 17th Edition wiring regulation qualifications.
The role of Service Engineer comes with a very competitive salary of £30,000 to £40,000, also a Company Car, Fuel Card, Company Pension, PPE, Laptop and Mobile Phone. The role of Service Engineer comes with an element of travel across the UK, Occasionally Europe and UAE, ALL Overnight and Overseas Allowances are paid.
Applications from ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Provide routine servicing and breakdown assistance to customers.
* Carry out start-up and commissioning of vacuum & furnace equipment.
* Train customers in safe operation and maintenance of vacuum & furnace equipment.
* To carry out start-up / commissioning work on vacuum furnace and associated equipment.
* Carry out and control installations of vacuum & furnace equipment both in UK and Overseas.
* To supervise junior members of staff and to supply training to them in all aspects of business.
* To achieve a satisfactory level of competence to carry out first and second line maintenance on any equipment as contracted by the company.
* To accurately fill in timesheets and complete reports.
* To ensure that all relevant working practices comply with the statutory Health and Safety at Work Act and with the and other external customer requirements as applicable.
* Comply with Quality Management System
* Comply with Occupational Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
* Comply with security in accordance with established policies and procedures of the organisations
Experience / Qualifications:
* Working knowledge of modern controls systems including PLC and SCADA, preferred but not essential
* COCN1, ICPN1, CIGA1, CORT1, CDGA1, TPCP1, CoCDN1, CENWAT
* 17th Edition wiring regulation qualified, or time served mechanical / electrical maintenance background
* Heat treatment experience desirable with a good working knowledge of temperature controlled and data recorders, preferred but not essential
* Vacuum furnace experience preferred but not essential
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.