Motor Mechanical Engineer - REF No. EB5996
Industry Sector: Engineering - Mechanical
Salary: circa £55000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB5996: Motor Mechanical Engineer
Location: Rugeley, South Staffordshire
Benefits: Various Company Benefits
An opportunity has arisen for the requirement of a Mechanical Engineer to report to the Engineering Manager in power, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for providing mechanical design expertise in support of power systems, power converter and motors.
Working with specialists from other engineering disciplines, the Mechanical Engineer provide expertise in the mechanical packaging of power dense motor solutions and will provide design support throughout the design lifecycle; from feasibility studies and concept designs for new products, through to detailed design and production delivery.
The Mechanical Engineer will also be required to provide guidance and support to other mechanical engineers within the engineering community and to contribute towards the development of engineering excellence within the business.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel are strongly encouraged
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide the business with mechanical design expertise for high power electric motors rated in the range of several kW to a few MW
* Generate concept motor design proposals and feasibility studies to support future product development programmes
* Carry out mechanical, structural and thermal design and analysis of electric motors, within a multi-disciplined engineering environment
* Work with production engineering to develop manufacturing technologies, process plans and quality systems and to initiate and support cost improvement activities
* Develop appropriate external design, analysis and manufacturing partners in support of our ongoing business opportunities
* Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* Degree or higher in mechanical engineering or equivalent
* Skills and experience in the field of motor design
* Broad knowledge of all aspects of motor design and system applications (e.g. electrical design of motors, motor drives, pumps, etc)
* Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to rotating machines; castings, fabrications, machining, coil winding, etc
* Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
* Use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural design and analysis, fatigue life assessments,
* Good knowledge of materials
* Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.