Telecom Field Surveyors - REF No. HQ5993
Industry Sector: Telecommunications
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Salary: circa £140 per Day
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Amanda Babington
Detailed Job Description
A telecommunications company that specialises in bespoke managed service solutions that is involved in the introduction and delivery of cutting-edge fibre optics to the UK & Ireland are seeking multiple Field Surveyors. The Telecom Field Surveyor will be surveying, planning, and designing cost effective FTTx networks for enabling residential and business customers.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Where applicable, review & record all customer demand points
* Review & record all proposed routes
* Review & record all nodal boundaries
* Review & record LOC Areas
* Identify & record Special Engineering Difficulties and Risks to the project delivery
* Complete site specific risk assessment
* Identify & record traffic sensitive areas
* Speaking with the public and 3rd party stakeholders to enable identifying wayleaves
* Ensure design has no conflict with 3rd party plant records.
* Good PC skills, updating field survey information on hand-held devices.
* Previous experience in telecoms civils excavations
* Previous experience working on FTTH/FTTP BT networks
* Must have A9 Safety UG and NRSWA SLG Card
* Understanding of routing of telecom wiring from point-to-point
* Flexible and adaptable to work challenges and open to learn and develop skills
* Ability to multi-task and work to a high standard
* A detailed-oriented approach to work
* A high standard of written and spoken English
* Good negotiating skills
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team
* Willingness to travel
* Must have vehicle + driving licence
Day rate of £140 - higher rate considered if experience with BT Openreach / BT tickets
Unit incentive - details to be confirmed at a later date
Provisional fuel card
Tablet & tools provided
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.