Caretaker - REF No. HQ5988
Industry Sector: Facilities Management
Location: Guildford, Surrey, England
Salary: circa £16000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A property management company is seeking a part-time property Caretaker to professionally maintain a development in Guildford and give a high standard of service for its residents and visitors. The Caretaker will identify, report maintenance requirements and supervise all contractors and ensure the development lease conditions are being adhered to by residents. You will have good IT skills, have excellent customer service skills and have good numerical and writing skills.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* At the start of each day, walk around the estate to check for any obvious problems that may require attention and take appropriate action to resolve problems that are found. Recommend improvements and proactively manage the development. Ensure the development is clean and tidy.
* Suitable clothing and footwear should be worn at all times (a Pinnacle Property Management fleece will be provided). Ensure that any other site contractors are suitably attired and that personal protective clothing is worn when required.
* Monitor CCTV (training and recording procedure provided)
* Liaise with and allow access to contractors / parcel delivery companies and utility companies working on site as required.
* Ensure all appointed contractors are performing as per their specification of works.
* Ensure that communal key sets are securely retained within the site office. The movement of all keys is to be recorded and signed for in a separate logbook
* Code new key fobs using the door entry system for residents
* Check all internal and external estate lighting on a weekly basis.
* Daily and weekly housekeeping tasks
* Cleaning of car parks using car park sweeper (training provided)
* Test all smoke vent and lobby doors to ensure they open and close in line with safety regulations
* Maintain logs and diaries
* Distribute any information, letters and notices to residents as required.
* Be the managing agent's representative on site, maintaining a strong visual presence, assisting and advising residents when required.
* To ensure fulfilment of all statutory Health and Safety legislation and company policies.
* To ensure that all tools and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean condition and annual PAT tests are actioned.
* Attend training as required.
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly: Outlook, Word, Excel
* Numeracy skills working across a wide range of data
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience of writing and producing reports
* Proven customer service experience
* Demonstrates sound decision making and problem solving skills
* Experience of managing and motivating staff effectively
* Experience of working with and managing contractors on a day to day basis
* Demonstrates an understanding and experience of dealing with service charges and budgets
* Able to prioritise and organise workload
* Task focused but with a flexible approach
* IOSH qualified (general certificate)
* 25 hours per week
* Monday - Friday 8am - 1pm
* £16,000 p.a.
* 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
Job Type: Part-time
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.