Fire & Security Engineer - REF No. HQ5982
Industry Sector: Engineering - Field Service
Location: Hayes, Greater London, England
Salary: from £30000 to £35000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A well-established and expanding company within the fire and security industry is seeking a Fire & Security Engineer. The Engineer will need to visit client premises to carry out installation, commissioning, maintenance and repair work on a variety of Fire Alarm, Intruder Alarm, CCTV & Access Control systems, as well as some installation work. Experience in Emergency Lighting, Fire Extinguishers, Public Address, Voice Alarms, Disabled Refuge and Call systems will be an advantage.
The Fire & Security Engineer must have the desire to maintain the high level quality standards of the company. This position calls for the ability to coordinate effort and discipline in a team situation.
The levels of skill are measured in the degree of competence in the installation, commissioning, servicing, fault-finding, remedial tracing and repair of systems.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Install and commission fire and security systems
* Planned maintenance of Fire and Security systems, including repairs, fault-finding and installation.
* Completion of all necessary paperwork
* Customer liaison and building solid working relationships
* Being involved in a 24 hour emergency cover rota
* Previous Fire and Security engineering experience - any qualifications / training will be an added advantage
* Conversant with BAFE and SSAIB/NSI requirements
* ECS / CSCS - good knowledge of H&S requirements
* A positive security screening and clean Disclosure report
* Willingness to travel
* A full, valid driving license
The hours of work are from 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday.
You must live within commutable distance to our office.
Company van, mobile phone and PPE will be provided by the company.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.