Medical Equipment Technician - REF No. HQ5970
Industry Sector: Engineering - Instrument
Salary: from £26000 to £28000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A Medical Equipment Technician is required to work within the operating theatre of a hospital based in Derby. You will be employed by an internationally renowned manufacturer which provides high quality equipment for keyhole surgery, and provide product knowledge, technical skills and support to both Surgeons and Nursing staff within the theatre suits. This is for a 14 months temporary contract (maternity cover)
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (such as Combat Medical Technicians, nursing staff, REME, Royal Signals etc.) are strongly encouraged for this position.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a healthcare or medical environment and have carried out fault-finding, maintenance & repair work to a variety of equipment types. Full training on the broad range of endoscopy equipment will be given along with regular on-going training to maintain your technical competency. The On-Site Technician will require good communication skills, be able to work independently on assignments whilst building strong relationships with our Key Stakeholders. The ability to concentrate, prioritise, problem solve and to be decisive are also essential qualities for this role.
* The day to day management of various assets in one or multiple customer facilities in the operating theatre and central sterile processing environment
* Video imaging system set-up and first line maintenance, the inspection, troubleshooting/replacement of devices used within the facility
* Preventative maintenance on all devices, trouble shoot video imaging and instrument issues in the theatre, inspection of the instruments and document their functionality
* Inspect and maintain instrument sets so that they are always in good working order and ready for use, document repairs and arrange replacement equipment
* Management of the devices and instruments as determined by the Managed Surgical Facility agreement
* To carry out Surgeon and Nurse user training necessary on equipment used in the Facility to ensure the smooth running of the Theatre Suite and the seamless interface between technical and clinical aspects to the ultimate benefit of the service delivered by the facility to the patient
* Attend all periodic and ad hoc meetings with the medical facility representative, medical and administrative staff employed by or on behalf of the facility
* Ensure that COSHH, HTM and all applicable Health & Safety standards and requirements are met at all times by the employees, servants and agents
* Ensure Services are ISO 9001 compliant
* Attend upon, supervise and manage the delivery, off-loading and storage of Equipment at the Unit by the Trust/ Hospital's Technical Support porterage and warehouse staff as required
* Awareness and compliance with local medical facility policies relevant to their activities
* NVQ Level 2 / 3 in Healthcare, Nursing qualification or similar
* 2 years' experience in a healthcare environment
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to concentrate on tasks, think independently, use sound judgement, prioritise, make quick decisions and problem solve
* Communicate at all levels effectively and work independently on assignments
* Work calmly under pressure
* Work under own initiative
* IT skills (Microsoft Excel and Outlook)
£26,000 - £28,000
Includes Private Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Critical Illness & Life Assurance
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.