HGV (Class 2) Driver - REF No. NL5952
Industry Sector: Driving and Transport
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
The key responsibilities of this role are the timely and safe collection and delivery of equipment and goods, assisting clients with the setting up of equipment as necessary and to ensure the Company ethos and customer satisfaction are always maintained.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel will be relevant for this position, although all qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Key Responsibilities & Duties include:
* To deliver goods by the best route to optimize delivery times and maintain accurate and clear communication with transport control.
* To protect the company's assets, accept liability and responsibility for the equipment and goods in your charge by double-checking against paperwork ensuring safe and secure carriage, loading and unloading.
* To agree and validate your driver trips weekly with the transport manager.
* To comply with driver standards at all times.
* To minimize the Company exposure to fines and penalties.
* To actively and willingly seek to gain knowledge concerning the correct operation and capabilities of equipment within your area by attending training sessions and reading manuals where applicable.
* To be available for work indicated by the rota for the Transport Department.
* To ensure that you work in conjunction with other members of staff to maximize efficiency, maintain and develop the best interest of the Company.
* HGV (Class 2) Driving Licence and CPC with Driver Card are essential.
* Minimum of two years experience working in a transport environment.
* Good geographical knowledge of the London area.
* Positive, flexible attitude to work and the ability to perform well under pressure.
* Safety conscious at all times, observant and with good attention to detail.
* Organization & commitment, understand the importance of tight schedules.
* Prepared to take responsibility and be held accountable.
* Approachable and reliable.
* Committed to delivery and customer focused (internal and external).
* Ability to establish good working relationships and communicate effectively at all levels.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.