BMS Project Manager - REF No. NL5907
Industry Sector: Engineering - Systems
Location: Tonbridge, Kent, England
Salary: from £45000 to £60000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
A fantastic opportunity to join a leading building services controls provider working principally throughout the South East
The successful candidate will join a Project Team to deliver control system projects to client's full satisfaction, within budget and on time. The Project Manager will be responsible for a mix of small and large control system projects running simultaneously.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel will be relevant for this position, although all qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contracting and Project Management
* Liaise with Project Team Manager (and Contracts Manager where necessary) to fully understand all contractual implications of any control system project given to you.
* Assess the technical information requirements for the project and plan all steps of the contract works to include, RFIs, Tech Subs, Progress Reports, Commissioning Reports and the like.
* Negotiate (re-negotiate if required), all sub-contract orders and special purchases for maximum profitability. Then supervise, instruct and co-ordinate with the Buying Department the proper execution of all such sub-contract works and special equipment purchases.
* Properly conduct all commercial aspects of the contract. To include programming and progress, meeting valuation dates and keeping financially aware at all times.
Design and Technical
* Fully understand the design requirements of each control system project, seek information if required and implement the control system design. To include: Control Panel Drawings, Control Valve Selection Schedules, Des of Ops, DDC Strategy and/or Graphics Details.
* Fully understand the company's technical standards for all aspects of control system design and implement accordingly.
* Ensure proper up-to-date and detailed technical records are kept and produce Project O&M Manualss
* Carry out system commissioning to include field wiring checks and motor rotations, control panel adjustments such as fuse rating checks and overload settings and carry out full control circuit functional tests and controller performance (including confirmation of correct DDC).
* Attend necessary co-ordination meetings to ensure commissioning will take place to program.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
* Demonstrable experience of Project Managing in the BMS sector.
* Comprehensive experience in the BMS controls sector & Trend / Tridium systems.
* Fully conversant with Trend / Tridium and other systems
* Experience managing several installations simultaneously
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills and the ability work with users of all levels
* Full UK Driving licence
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.