BMS Project Engineer - REF No. NL5906
Industry Sector: Engineering - Systems
Location: Tonbridge, Kent, England
Salary: from £40000 to £50000 per Annum
FRS Office: London (North)
Consultant: Colin Date
Detailed Job Description
A fantastic opportunity to further your career with a leading building services controls provider in this fast-growing industry sector.
The successful candidate is likely to be multi-disciplined and capable of undertaking all aspects of delivering a control system project.
Applications from suitably qualified ex-military personnel will be relevant for this position, although all qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Contracting and Project Management
* Liaise with Project Team Manager (and Contracts Manager where necessary) to fully understand all contractual implications of any control system project given to you, and thereafter to take full ongoing contractual responsibility.
* Assess the technical information requirements for the project and plan all steps of the contract works to include, RFIs, Tech Subs, Progress Reports, Commissioning Reports and the like.
* Negotiate (re-negotiate if required), all sub-contract orders and special purchases for maximum profitability. Then supervise, instruct and co-ordinate with the Buying Department the proper execution of all such sub-contract works and special equipment purchases.
Design and Technical
* Fully understand the design requirements of each control system project, seek information if required, and then implement the control system design. To include for example: Control Panel Drawings, Control Valve Selection Schedules, Des of Ops, DDC Strategy and/or Graphics Details.
* Carry out system commissioning to include field wiring checks and motor rotations, control panel adjustments such as fuse rating checks and overload settings, and carry out full control circuit functional tests and controller performance (including confirmation of correct DDC).
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
* Demonstrable experience of Project Managing in the BMS sector.
* Comprehensive experience of Trend / Tridium.
* Full UK Driving licence
* Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills and the ability work with users of all levels
The candidate must be fully conversant with TREND control systems.
Preferred TREND Expert status.
Comprehensive HVAC plant knowledge
- Trend 963
- Trend SET
- Trend IQ
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.