Estate Maintenance Operative - REF No. HQ5889
Industry Sector: Facilities Management
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire, England
Salary: from £25000 to £30000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Bill Tharp
Detailed Job Description
An Estate Maintenance Operative is needed to perform general maintenance duties on a prestigious country estate. Duties include general maintenance (painting, basic plumbing, and carpentry) but also some secondary duties: driving, general site security, assisting the management with estate events and assisting on-site contractors with larger projects. Excellent general DIY skills are a must as this role does not require formal qualifications. However, you will be expected to accomplish jobs independently through hard work and solid problem-solving skills, as well as a love for outdoor country pursuits.
Applications from ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
* General maintenance duties (painting, basic plumbing, and carpentry)
* General site security
* Assisting with estate events
* Assisting contractors on larger projects
* General gardening duties
Qualifications and Experienced Required
* Experience working in a role with general maintenance duties
* Clean driver's licence
* Independent worker, but who can also work with various members of staff and onsite contractors
* Display a "can-do" attitude in your daily routine
* Friendly, enthusiastic and a hard-working, problem solver
* Experience in outdoor country pursuits desirable
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum (DOE) + accommodation
Hours: Full time - Permanent - 0800 to 1700 Monday to Friday, some out of hours and
Benefits: 20 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.