Driver (3.5 Tonne) - REF No. EB5886
Industry Sector: Warehousing and Logistics
Salary: circa £19000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Rodger Lloyd
Detailed Job Description
EB5886 Driver (s) (3.5 Tonne)
Location: Chepstow, Gloucestershire
Position: Permanent (42.5 Days a Week / Over 5 Days)
(0600 hrs to 1900 hrs Monday to Friday)
We are looking for Driver (s) who is qualified to drive a 3.5 Tonne Vehicle and be over the age of 25 for insurance purposes. These Driver (s) have a daily route and schedule but is not a target driven role, so it is a great job for a safe, charismatic driver. The role of Driver will be to effectively be collecting stock from Charity shops or other suppliers in a timely and professional manner, delivering the highest level of customer service.
Full training will be given to all Drivers and the first week of employment and training will be in Coventry and then will be required to work from the Depot in Chepstow.
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
* Collection of stock from Charity Shops - Multi collections
* Weighing and producing weight receipts for suppliers - All suppliers to receive a weight receipt.
* Delivering high level customer service
* Completion of driver's time sheets
* Completion of Weight Collection Receipts - Accurate reporting on weights for payment.
Loading and Unloading
* Safely loading of van at supplier locations - No damage to van or stock
* Safely unloading van at base - Complying to yard rules for H&S always.
* Daily van checks before taking the van out on the road and reporting any damages
* Clear reporting on fuel expenditure - Ensuring charge matching against invoice and accurate reporting of expenditure on time.
* Reporting on any vehicle faults and mileage - Vehicles maintained in good working order
* To undertake training as and when required
Experience / Qualifications:
* Clean Driving Licence with no previous bans
* 3.5 tonne vehicle license (Class B)
* 2 years driving experience
* Previous Courier or Multi drop experience
* Health & Safety
* Good Road Knowledge
* Good command of English
* Physically fit, able to lift heavy totes up to 25 kg both loading and unloading
* Ability to adapt to changes in route
* Manual Handling Training
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.