HGV Class 2 Removal Drivers - REF No. HQ5876
Industry Sector: Driving and Transport
Location: Rye, East Sussex, England
Salary: from £24800 to £28080 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
A leading independent removal company established for over 140 years is seeking those with a class 2 licence to deliver and carry out household and commercial removal services across the UK and Europe and work with a global network of partners to provide international moving services to and from over 180 countries worldwide. The company is expanding and is seeking drivers in either Rye, Tunbridge Wells or near Cranleigh. Weekend bonuses, allowances for working nights away from home and other benefits offered.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Carry out the packing of items utilising appropriate packing materials, labelling and wrapping methods and techniques
* Load and unload vehicles as directed
* Lift, carry and manoeuvre furniture and effects in a safe manner
* Conduct office removals as necessary including dismantling of office furniture, racking, machinery and filing systems etc.
* Be aware of and complete driving duties in accordance with DVSA "National Standards for driving lorries (category C)"
* Maintain driving licence entitlement for authorised vehicle category (C1, C, CE).
* Hold valid Driver Card (Digital Tachograph) and ensure that no more than one card is in your possession or used at any time
* Engage in and apply company in-house training and toolbox talks
* Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle including vehicle equipment and tools
* Observe and adhere to laws set out in the Highway Code and under the Road Traffic Act 1988, as amended
* Report fit for work, having had sufficient rest and not under the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription, unless agreed by the company)
* Notify the company immediately of any accidents or of urgent issues
* Ensure vehicles are loaded in accordance with the Department for Transport's "Safety of Loads on Vehicles," and within gross vehicle and axle weights as specified on the vehicle driven
* Observe Highway road weight limits and restrictions
* Ensure vehicles are manoeuvred and loaded effectively as to protect customer's items from damage and to ensure loading is completed safely to avoid accidental injury
* Drive within speed limits at all times
* Conduct daily vehicle checks in accordance with Company procedures to ensure the safety of vehicles
* Ensure a record is kept of all work
* Maintain Working Time Regulation and EU Drivers Hours records including reports when mistakes occur
* Ensure vehicles are parked at the operating centre when not engaged on operations and at all other times, legally in-accordance with the Highway Code. Be familiar with and apply specific HGV rules
* Experience in the Removals industry would be an advantage although full training will be provided
* Experience with customers and working as part of a team
* You must be reliable, have great timekeeping and able to work flexible hours , with varying start and finish times due to the nature of the job role
* Willing to work occasional weekends, and nights away from home in the UK/ Europe
* Smart in appearance (uniform and PPE will be provided)
* Good level of English and Maths and be able to communicate well
* Experience driving Class 2 vehicles. Drivers must have a clean licence, up to date CPC and digi tacho card. European driving experience would be an advantage for drivers in the Rye area.
* Be physically fit
* Valid passport, although proof of application will be accepted if you are offered a position
* Experience in the Removals industry
£24,839.28 - £27,049.28 during training, rising to £28,080 (after training), up to circa £30,000 (once promoted)
Full training and ongoing support, including opportunities for Drivers to progress to HGV Class 1 if seeking to progress their Driving career with the client
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.