Trainee On-Track Machine Driver / Operator / Fitter - REF No. EB5850
Industry Sector: Rail Industry
Salary: from £32000 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: Birmingham (East)
Consultant: Paul Lewis
Detailed Job Description
EB5850 Trainee On-Track Machine Driver / Operator / Fitter (S)
Salary: £32,000 OTE Available (up to £45,000 on completion of training)
Location: Stafford, Staffordshire
(400 hrs over a 10 Week Period, inclusive of Days, Night and Weekends)
Rota's will be given 3 weeks in advance of commencement and will consist of 5
Weeks' worth of Roster.
Benefits: 34 Days Annual Leave (26 Days + 8 Days Bank Holiday which can be rostered)
Company Van, Fuel Card, Company Phone, PPE, PRE and Tools are Provided.
We are looking to recruit Trainee OTM Driver Operator / Fitter (s) in the Stafford area of Staffordshire. This Trainee OTM Driver Operator / Fitter would ideally be mechanically minded and be able to perform weekend and shift duties. This Trainee OTM Driver Operator / Fitter main purpose is to drive, operate and maintain "on track" machines in a safe manner, in accordance with the competency based standards for Operator Driver Maintainers, and in accordance with the railway safety case.
Applications from Ex-Military personnel
(Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) only.
The salary and benefits package for the role of Trainee OTM Driver Operator / Fitter is highly competitive and comes with a training package, which allows a salary increase after a 14 weeks training package if successful.
Key areas of Responsibility
* Responsible for absorbing and retaining knowledge of traction, routes, rules and regulations, and operating notices;
* Maintain and update publications as required for machines and route knowledge also for the safe running of machines and trains;
* Able to act and adjust driving techniques accordingly to suit prevailing conditions, e.g. weather and rail conditions;
* Respond to, and if possible, fix service faults and failures;
* Operate "on tack machines" (OTM) in accordance with Railway Standards to the instructions of the customer's machine controller / Track Quality Supervisor (TQS) and Controller of Site Safety (COSS)
* Carry out daily and weekly maintenance and safety checks and assist fitter staff when fixing a machine breakdown or problem;
* Willing to continue learning and be trained
* Maintain a positive attitude and sense of professional pride
* Able to perform weekend and shift duties
* Practical knowledge and experience within mechanical engineering
* In possession of a full and valid road vehicle driving license
Full training will be provided but hands-on experience in the following would be an added benefit:
* Knowledge of standards and specifications (for Operating, Driving and Maintenance)
* Understanding of Railway Operation process
* Mechanically minded
* Windows 98, Word, Excel, Outlook
* Flexible, honest, and punctual
* Good Communication Skills
* Team worker
N.B. - Due to the nature of this job, Operator Driver Maintainers may sometimes have to work on their own where safe to do so.
Interested applicants will be expected to complete and return by email a simple application form to which CVs must be pasted.
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.