Senior Auction Porter - REF No. HQ5847
Industry Sector: Warehousing and Logistics
Salary: from £22000 to £25000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Isabelle Roques
Detailed Job Description
Are you ex-military and looking for a new and exciting new opportunity?
As an auctioneer and valuer, our client is seeking a reliable, dynamic, capable and solution orientated Senior Auction Porter to provide efficient logistical support including handling / management of assets through lot allocation (auction set-up) to final dispatch and/or collection.
You will be based in a warehouse environment therefore must wear Personal Protective Equipment at all times and deliver an efficient and safe collection facility for the business. The duties are physically demanding requiring a reasonably high level of physical fitness. The successful candidate will be comfortable juggling a variety of tasks whilst having a can-do attitude and happy with repetitive tasks.
The hours are Monday to Friday between 9am and 5.30pm, no weekends required however flexibility is a must due to occasional travels to client sites (own transport is essential).
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) will be relevant for this role and are strongly encouraged.
The candidate will have a wide-ranging role that will include, but not limited to:
* Undertaking and managing off-site activities as required
* Managing and developing junior members of staff including apprentices
* Recovery and relocation of assets from site to our sale and storage facility
* Supervising customer collection of assets
* Preparation of sites for sales, including risk assessments, laying out of lots
* Identifying, labelling and photographing auction items
* Helping clients with queries
* Manual handling of auction items
* Assist cataloguing and stock management, to include stock taking, as required
* Dealing with the customers face to face
* Assist auction viewing by helping customers with enquiries
* Carry out Risk Assessments when collection duties are required
* The role will also potentially encompass a variety of other tasks including customer liaison, invoice management and sale negotiations.
Skills, qualifications and attributes:
* Candidates will be expected to possess a good level of physical fitness as duties will include handling of assets and includes some heavy lifting
* Working under pressure, balancing priorities and being well organised
* Reliable with a strong problem-solving skills
* Full, clean driving licence
* A 'can-do' attitude is essential
* Attention to detail and complete confidentiality are also required
* Computer Literate
* Good communication skills
* Capable of multitasking
* Good customer service skills
* Ensuring our high level of service at all times. This role requires a strict attention to detail while working under pressure
* Preferable but not essential criteria:
* Forklift licence
* HGV licence
28 days including bank holidays
Private Medical Insurance
Health Shield Cash Plan
Death in Service Insurance
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 (Depending on Experience)
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.