Trainee Ambulance Care Assistants - REF No. HQ5831
Industry Sector: Healthcare
Salary: circa £19656 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: William Son
Detailed Job Description
As a Trainee Ambulance Care Assistant, you will be responsible for safe clinical transportation of patients, providing high quality care at all times. You will be able to demonstrate good communication skills and ability to work in a sometimes demanding environment, ensuring delivery of a consistent quality service to the end user.
You will be required to complete and pass a driving assessment as part of the recruitment process and will need to be able to pass and enhanced DBS check.
* Carry out daily vehicle inspections and report any damage or defects immediately
* Checks stock of patient care equipment and ensure that all equipment is safe, clean and in good working order
* Transmit and receive information by means of radio / telephone / PDA
* Assess the most appropriate method of conveying patients using relevant equipment and moving and handling techniques, where necessary
* Ensure that the patient is delivered and collected according to the time scales for the patient's appointment
* Administer first aid when required, up to your skill level
* Report relevant history, condition and treatment to receiving hospital / care facility staff.
* Comply with Health and Safety rules and regulations and report accidents or hazards immediately
* Ensure compliance with infection control standards
* At all times maintain standards and observe the code of conduct expected of ambulance road staff
* Drive company vehicles in accordance with the approved methods and driving techniques.
* Complete and submits all relevant documents
* Ensures that vehicle, patient care equipment and station facilities are kept clean
* Undertake training as required and take responsibility for keeping abreast of any new developments and changes to clinical practice
* Maintain sufficient basic knowledge of the First Person on Scene and Emergency Medical Technician role to be able to assist effectively in the delivery of enhanced skills (Oxygen therapy, defibrillation and resuscitation support)
* Carry out dynamic risk assessments
* Assist line managers as required with risk assessments of tasks carried out and ensure a safe working practice is demonstrated at all times
* Good verbal and written communications skills (must be able to complete relevant paperwork legibly)
* Self-disciplined and able to work on own initiative
* Must be able to complete relevant training to meet required company and professional standards
* Must have full driving license and meet company driving requirements
* Must successfully complete annual update training to ensure retention of skills including resuscitation, manual handling and other aspects of patient care
£19,656 + Overtime
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.