Health & Safety and Security Consultant - REF No. HQ5814
Industry Sector: Health and Safety
Location: Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Salary: from £42500 to £45000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Adam Bonner
The Health, Safety and Security Technical Consultant will play a pivotal role in the development of travel safety plans and identifying security risks for those travelling abroad. This role will require regular overseas travel to project sites, carrying out security risk assessments and supporting the H&S Manager in the implementation of H&S System. The successful applicant will be pro-active in supporting the development of the Health & Safety Management System utilised across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. The Health, Safety and Security Technical Expert will also work to deliver business assurance and improve the corporate audit capability. Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
Detailed Job Description
The Health, Safety and Security Technical Consultant will play a pivotal role in the development of travel safety plans and identifying security risks for those travelling abroad. This role will require regular overseas travel to project sites, carrying out security risk assessments and supporting the H&S Manager in the implementation of H&S System. The successful applicant will be pro-active in supporting the development of the Health & Safety Management System utilised across Europe, Africa and the Middle East. As an expert in H&S and Security, the Consultant will also work to deliver business assurance and improve the corporate audit capability.
Applications from suitably experienced ex-military personnel (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy or Royal Marines) are strongly encouraged to apply.
* Support the H&S Manager in the implementation of the company's Health & Safety management system;
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of HS&S written processes, as requested;
* Support the H&S Manager in the development of Travel Safety and Security Risk Assessments for those travelling abroad;
* Support departments in the development of specific country security documentation and travel risk guidelines;
* Assist with the provision and where necessary the acquisition of specialist security advice for higher risk countries and the development of Emergency Evacuation Plans;
* Where assessed as appropriate undertake reconnaissance of higher risk countries and specifically customer and accommodation security provisions and the safety of routes between them and ports of entry;
* Promote the QHSE function/ethos, inclusive of contributing to the development of training and promotional media;
* Work with departments to identify training needs and monitor implementation, including the provision and delivery of in-house HS&S training and tool box talks and the evaluation of training programmes;
* Analyse and report on monthly incident statistics and where necessary work with the H&S Manager to develop Safety Alerts for briefing to the wider business.
* Support the implementation of the QHSE Communication Plan (public relations activities);
Support the identification and achievement of QHSE related initiatives/objectives, such as Kaizen and other areas of Continuous Improvement;
* Collate and provide QHSE related input into management meetings (local and corporate);
Undertake HS&S inspections and audits, as required, at both company facilities and customer sites. Identify corrective and/ or preventative measures and assure improvement actions are implemented;
* Distribute updates of QHSE related information, ensuring they are clearly identified and that staff are aware of updates as they occur;
* Represent the company on internal safety groups, as required;
* Promote a safety culture which secures effective implementation of policy, procedures and responsibilities throughout the company;
* Communicate HSE best practice to all sites and assist with implementation of new ideas and advances in working strategies;
* Maintain a good working knowledge of relevant legislation to the power industry and the ability to undertake suitable and sufficient risk assessments;
* Contribute to routine performance reports, monitor and make recommendations for incorporation into the company annual QHSE management review and strategic direction;
* Be prepared to work as a HS&E Technical Advisor to cover programme shortfalls. This will sometimes result in working away from home on continuous shifts during planned and unplanned service delivery activities.
Skills & Attributes:
* Extensive overseas travel and security experience essential;
* Attainment of NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent;
* Membership of IOSH (and actively undertaking CPD and working towards higher level membership);
* Possession of excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
* Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
* Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
* Fluency in business English (additional languages considered desirable);
* Practical knowledge and application of MS Office, Visio and Project software;
* Highly organised and self-motivated with the ability to work on own and within a team;
* Ability to develop good working relationships with all other departments and at all levels;
* A good working knowledge of applicable legislation and the following standards is essential: ISO EN 9001:2015;
ISO EN 14001:2015;
BS OHSAS 18001:2007
Desirable (Not Essential)
Proven engineering experience from within the area of Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines or the wider Power Industry, including suitable levels of knowledge and training;
Salary: £42,500 - £45,000 per annum
Additional Benefits: Private Health Care, 5% Pension Contribution
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.