Associate Quantity Surveyor - REF No. HQ5703
Industry Sector: Construction
Location: London, Greater London, England
Salary: from £70000 to £80000 per Annum
FRS Office: FRS Headquarters
Consultant: Steve Ridley
The Associate Quantity Surveyor will work for a Chartered Quantity Surveying Consultancy which provides quantity surveying, project management and specialist legal support services to the construction industry, and will be based in their London office. The Associate Quantity Surveyor will be qualified, ideally to degree level, and have a RICS Professional membership along with good communication skills, strong character with a good sense of humour, be results driven and commercially astute.
Detailed Job Description
HQ5703: Associate Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
Job type: Permanent
The Associate Quantity Surveyor will work for a Chartered Quantity Surveying Consultancy which provides quantity surveying, project management and specialist legal support services to the construction industry, and will be based in their Londonoffice. The Associate Quantity Surveyor will be qualified, ideally to degree level, and have a RICS Professional membership along with good communication skills, strong character with a good sense of humour, be results driven and commercially astute.
As a team player and a reasoned decision maker, the Associate QS should be assertive without being aggressive, proactive with a 'can do' attitude and able to prioritise and focus on the tasks at hand.
It is expected that you will have a high level of IT skills, good technical skills, and able to read and understand technical documents, interpret contracts and the like.
The main purpose of the Associate Quantity Surveyor will be to take a senior role with all aspects of Quantity Surveying / Estimating from Pre-Contract through to Post Contract services, to prepare final accounts and claims in line with the Company's clients' requirements, but also to interact with the Company's clients including attending meetings and supporting the directors and represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, as well as building strong working relationships with existing and new clients.
The key responsibilities will include:
* Carry out general Quantity Surveying services;
* Provide the lead on commercial and financial advice;
* Provide procurement and contract advice and prepare the same as required;
* Maximise value recovery, cost control and cash management on projects worked on;
* Commercially manage and control Subcontract packages on projects worked on;
* Assist in the protection of the Company's contractual position on projects worked on;
* Produce and agree accounts on projects worked on (of up to £50m budget);
* Prepare financial reports as required;
* Attendance at management meetings;
* Meeting both existing and potential new clients to promote the Company;
* Team line management responsibilities;
* Lead tender process and bids;
* Preparing clients' service proposals and fee proposals;
* Assist with the development of the business plan.
Pre-Contract Services tasks :
* Prepare detailed measures and compile BQ documents;
* Prepare feasibility studies and cost plans;
* Provide procurement advice and implement;
* Contract preparation;
* Review contract conditions;
* Provide risk management advice;
* Prepare Subcontract enquiry documents;
* Price tender submissions;
* Manage bid submissions including the preparation of bid documents;
* Meet Clients to review and discuss work carried out.
Post Contract Services tasks:
* Prepare budgetary advice including cash flows;
* Manage contract document process including insurance and bond requirements;
* Produce procurement schedules;
* Subcontract procurement including enquiries and analysis on return;
* Organise / attend pre-order Subcontract meetings;
* Place Subcontract orders in due time and in a way that protects the Company's contractual position;
* Manage all other procurement as necessary;
* Prepare consultant appointments;
* Prepare / review valuations and issue all appropriate notices in line with the Company's policies and the contract terms;
* Maximise value recovery;
* Produce reports as required including the preparation of Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) information;
* Implement the Company's valuation and cash strategy;
* Understand the Company's obligations under the Contract;
* Produce and keep adequate records to enable the production of the final account and in order to safeguard the Company's contractual position;
* Aid with cash management and manage cost expenditure;
* Produce final accounts;
* Assist with preparation of Extension Of Time (EOT) / Loss & Expense (L&E) claims;
* Deal effectively with disputes;
* Attend sites and meetings necessary in the execution of all functions.
* Prepare final accounts and claims;
* Assist in the resolution of disputes.
* Form good relationships with all parties;
* Actively promote the Company's image;
* Compliance with the Company and their clients' management systems;
* Administration including managing drawings, copying and filing paperwork;
* Any other duties which are reasonable.
Salary: £70,000 - £80,000
*CVs should be submitted in the following format please. - Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx), Rich Text (.rft) or Plain Text (.txt) formats. PDF files are not currently accepted but we're working on it. Submitted files should also be less than 1MB in size. Thank you.
CVs submitted NOT in the format above may not be received or processed correctly. If you experience any problems with submitting your application please give us a call on 01353 645004 and we'll help.